Saturday, September 13, 2008

Still here...

I know we spoiled you last week with our daily updates and now we've left you hungry for more. So sorry about that.

Here's the thing. Our Internet/cable doesn't get installed until tomorrow (on a Sunday? who knew!), so in the mean time we've been "borrowing" from someone in the neighborhood. Their Internet is sketchy at best, so it's been tough to stay connected long enough to write a post. Even now as I type this, there's risk of losing it all and getting disconnected, but you are all worth the effort at least.

Here's the other thing. Back when we were posting daily, we were feeling such a sense of accomplishment (and exhaustion) because we were getting major projects done with the help of David's parents. This week we've graduated to unpacking. I suppose I could have posted every day and given you a tally of how many boxes I emptied, but that somehow felt small after the previous posts. All excuses, I know. And I apologize.

So now to make up for it, I'm going to write a random list of any highlights, semi-highlights, and minor accomplishments from the past week. Here goes:

1. (Major accomplishment) I (Melissa) led worship for the very first time last Sunday when David had to lead at our Hudson, WI campus. I'd never done this before and was very nervous about the whole thing, but was pleasantly surprised and felt like it went well. I told David that I would like him to mentor/train me to be able to develop that some more.

2. Unpacking- the kitchen cupboards are just how I want them (I think...), however the counter tops have a never-ending clutter I don't seem to know what to do with.

3. Getting dressed in the morning got easier after spending the entire afternoon Thursday unpacking and organizing our GIGANTIC master closet. I've never had space for all season's clothes to be out at one time. It's fantastic; especially this time of year.

4. Redbox has become my best friend since we don't have cable yet. We've rented many a movie this week for our evening wind-down (and sometimes morning wind-up, I admit.)

5. Last night we collected the rest of our belongings (freezer, piano, and grill) from their various locations of storage and are pleased to announce that we are officially out of storage (except for our dining room table leaves that are still hiding under the Whitney's guest bed). After moving the heavy things, we (Muellers, Shivers, and us) enjoyed half-price appetizers at Applebees after 9:00.

6. Our dryer doesn't work and we still haven't gotten around to figuring out a solution for that problem, so I spent the day at the Whitney's on Friday catching up on all the laundry that's accumulated. My goal is to solve this dilemma before the next round of laundry.

Well, that's all I can think of for now. Take care!

3 comments:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

If you figure out how to keep the counters free of clutter - let the rest of us know the secret!!

Anonymous said...

Inconceivable! You both must be in incredible shape after taking your own personal Extreme Home Makeover! Much love & God's blessings in your new home! Chuck & Terri

The Hofer Fam said...

Hey, glad to see that you found us. I miss you dearly and can't wait to be able to see you. We are so close I can taste it. I don't know if that's good taste or bad taste.) Sounds like you have been unpacking just like us. Isn't it the most fun thing in the world? I LOVE MOVING!!!!!! Just kidding.