Sunday, September 21, 2008

More minor accomplishments

1. We have installed a vanity and new sink in the main floor bathroom to replace the pedestal sink that was previously there. Pictures to come once the room is completely finished.

2. Family room/informal dining room/kitchen/entry way are finished except for hanging pictures and curtains. I may post pictures prior to the curtains because I haven't found anything that I love yet. It may take me a while...

3. Lots of spackle, sanding, and 2 coats of paint made David's downstairs office ready to move in to. The desk and computer are set up, but the home studio part of his office is still yet to be completed.

4. As previously posted, the dining room walls are now finished, and I've got the china hutch almost completely settled. Once that's finished, we can move the table in and call that room done (except for the curtains... I hate picking out curtains!)

5. The rain and cooler temperatures finally made mowing necessary, so David spent a couple of hours outside yesterday reclaiming the back yard of many of the weeds that tend to overtake a yard when the house has been in foreclosure.

This week's goals:
1. Hang pictures
2. Finish downstairs bathroom
3. Finish settling dining room and living room
4. Hang curtains in bedrooms (I already have those curtains; I just need the rods)
5. Address the overgrown landscaping outside
6. Tackle the maze of boxes in the basement rec room. (Most of which are intended for storage)

The next time I post, I should have some before/after pictures for several rooms.

2 comments:

jenny marvin mealy said...

You have been busy! We have so many projects to finish up (and we don't even own our house!) Hope you can find the curtains you need, I don't like picking curtains either. I like to have my mom make them when I can, or at least just let her pick out what I need!

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Mike Lamb from back in Indiana. I have visited your blog before but, I did not know how to write back on here at first. I don't have your new phone numbers or email address. You can write to me at mjlamb76@yahoo.com. I was married last year and I have just become a new dad this week. -Mike