Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Baking

The weekend of the 13th/14th is going to be a busy one for the Gafford House. We're hosting a baby shower brunch for our friends, Bryan and Emily on Saturday. All of our small group ladies are throwing the shower, but it will be at our house. Then, on Sunday we're hosting our annual Christmas open house for the Worship Arts participants and spouses. When all is said and done, we'll probably have had over 100 people pass through our doors that weekend. Knowing this is coming right around the corner, I'm trying to do what I can to prepare for it in advance. Yesterday, Emily came over and we baked cookies for the open house. We made a batch of spritzes and finally figured out my Pampered Chef cookie press... kind of. We also made a batch of snickerdoodles and chocolate chip cookies. I already had a batch of monster cookies in the freezer from a couple of days ago. I think I'm probably set in the cookie department. Now I just have to figure out what else I can do a week in advance...

Here's Emily working on decorating her little spritz wreaths. They turned out very cute.

No comments: