Tuesday, June 12, 2007

School's out!

Well, I've successfully completed the most stressful week that I can remember. Last week was the last week of school (those of you who are teachers are familiar with all the responsibilities that go with that), my online class started, I took 2 Praxis tests on Saturday (both of which I'm pretty sure I'll be taking again...) we had a worship arts BBQ for probably 30-40 people on Friday night, my parents arrived for their first Minnesota visit on Thursday evening, and a tree fell in our backyard on Thursday (giving us less than 24 hours to remove before the BBQ). I'm glad that is all finally behind me and I've been able to successfully sleep again.

I wanted to post a few pictures of the fun we had with my parents. Dad got recruited to play with the worship team last weekend, so he got a little taste of what it's like to participate in 4 services on a weekend.

Sunday afternoon we all went to Como zoo and left just a little depressed.
We'd never been before; we just knew it would be cheap entertainment since they only ask for a $2 donation. Personally I'd rather spend a little more on admission if it meant a little better life for the animals. The two polar bears had severe cases of OCD; one pacing back and forth repeatedly, and the other swimming laps in about a 10 foot pool back and forth, over and over, and over again.

After the zoo we went to Mickey's Diner in St. Paul for dinner. David and I had been there before with Pastor Henry and we knew we had to take the parents to dine at this St. Paul landmark. It was MUCH less busy than when we were there with Henry. The food was great and you really can't beat the atmosphere or the extreme personalities of those who work there:-)


Once our tummies were full we continued westward to show Mom and Dad the Minnehaha Falls. This was one of the stops on Dan and Angie's "Two hour tour of the Twin Cities" they gave us last year when we were interviewing for the job at Five Oaks. It was a nice day for a walk through the park to see the falls, and the walk up the steps once we were finished wasn't quite as bad as I remembered it.


Thanks Mom and Dad for the visit! We had a great time!

No comments: