Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Christmas is now complete!

One of the things that's been on my wish list for a while has been a trip to see the musical, "Wicked". My parents and my brother and sister-in-law saw it a couple of years ago and it seems that's all they ever talked about when we would get together. I had to see what they were raving about. Well, David surprised me this Christmas with tickets to see "Wicked" in Chicago, but up-ed the anty by arranging to meet our friends, Mike and Laurel (from Michigan) for the weekend. Working around my school schedule meant I had to wait to enjoy my biggest Christmas present, but it also gave me something to look forward to, to get me through a long, cold, Minnesota winter.

So, this past weekend we drove down to Chicago to meet Mike and Laurel for a couple of days of fun.


Mom Gafford found us a good deal on a hotel, so we were able to stay right on Michigan Avenue (right next to Water Tower) at the Allerton Hotel. We had such a great time.