Sunday, September 09, 2007

One week down...

Well, I survived my first week in third grade (for the second time I guess, since I spent a year in third grade back in good old 1986-1987). It was a pretty good week. I have a very small class of only 15 students and being the first week of school, they were all angels. Check back with me in December and we'll see how that changes.... :-)


The following pictures are primarily for my mom who wants to see my new classroom. I had the option of switching rooms, and even though my new room is smaller and has less storage space, it's in a newer part of the building and therefore does not have the musty basement/stale air smell that my previous room had. So far I don't regret my decision one bit. And the high school teachers that are currently using my old room for only an hour at a time don't blame me one bit for wanting to move. So here are a few views of where I spend my days:


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute room and congrats on making it through the first week!

The Claar Family said...

Was third grade REALLY that long ago?!?! That puts a new perspective on grumbling about how many years we've been out of high school, huh? Reading your teaching stories make me want to get back into the classroom, but I'm grateful to be home with my babies...my oldest starts preschool on Tuesday :( Just another example of how fast time goes! Take care, have a great school year!
~Amy Claar

Laurel said...

I loved 3rd grade! I'd do it again if you were my teacher.

Anonymous said...

Cool Melissa, I like your new digs. We really HAVE to get together soon!

Angie