Monday, October 30, 2006

Any Gamers Out There?

Many people who know me are aware that one of my favorite downtime activities is computer gaming. There are about 5 of us who currently play games online together here in Minnesota, but I thought I just might put out a call to any gamers in the blogging community who read this little slice of Minnesota and see if anyone wanted to join up with us! We are currently enjoying the Battlefield series of games in the forms of Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142 - the latter of which just came out about 10 days ago.
If you haven't ventured online to play yet, all you need is the program, and there aren't any fees associated with playing online. It's totally free. If anyone wants to join up with the gang, you can find us through the free gamer link-up program at xfire.com, and you can reach me at the handle musicman1234 (original, isn't it?) If you're a gamer and you don't play in the Battlefield series, I'd love to know what else you are playing! Melissa is absolutely stuck on this little game called Snood. She's like the grand master of the game at this point. I don't think I even hold a single record on the game anymore. See you online! (i'll have to post pics later. Blogger is being SLOW tonight...)

5 comments:

TheGaffords said...

Yup, it's confirmed. My friends are dorks.

Keetha Broyles said...

David - - - - - I'm glad to see this post. I'm not a gamer, but I've wondered why we so rarely hear from you either on the blog, or in posts.

I think now I know why - - - - - you don't have time for measly little old blogging when you could be gaming instead.

Laurel said...

Could you be any more lame???

TheGaffords said...

Laurel, I think it's possible for me to be slightly more lame, but I won't try. Well... I don't make fun of other hobbies out there, so, "Why you got to be a hater?" In gamer terms, you'd be a noob and you would've just been fragged."

(Okay, so I went with the "lamer" approach. Didn't want to disappoint.)

Anonymous said...

YAY FOR DAVID!!!!

Hi. My name is Keri and I am addicted to Everquest.

I've been playing Everquest for just about 3 years now and love every minute of it!!! Sadly, though, my game is not free. But it's worth every single penny to me. It's a blast and a great escape from the RL! =)

It's funny. You're either a gamer or not...it's definitely a LOVE or HATE kind of thing, I don't have one friend who is neutral about it.

You've inspired me....I think I'll do a blog committed to gaming now. =)